MAGICouncil was formed in 1987 to help lawn care and landscape professionals provide education for ourselves and the general public, to participate in legislative issues and to promote success and professionalism within our industry. Furthermore, MAGIC should help raise the awareness of the environmental, economic and lifestyle benefits of landscapes and promote the significance of those who preserve and enhance green spaces at home, work and play.
- Timely technical and management seminars with well qualified and engaging speakers.
- MAGICouncil News, brings you up to date information about industry development and issues.
- Information about changes in legislation and regulations that will affect your business with lobbyists in Kansas and Missouri, plus at the national level through our affiliate program National Association of Landscape Professionals.
- Reduced membership dues for the Irrigation Association (IA).
MAGIC Helps you compete
- Publishing an approved Registered Technician Training Manual for use by firms in Kansas and Missouri at no cost for members. ($100 value)
- Networking opportunities with other industry professionals.
- The annual Heartland Green Industry Expo a first class trade show in the Kansas City area with programs on profitability issues, as well as technical and personnel topics.
- The ONLY area license holder for the Landscape Industry Certification program. (With written tests held frequently and field exams held twice a year).
- Certification, recertification and registered technician training for Kansas and Missouri.
- Specialized insurance services to members through Creative Planning Risk Services.